Entries close on 14 May for the inaugural Buckley Memorial Essay prize, recognising the contribution of the late Honourable Justice Neil Buckley to family law in Queensland.
Co-hosted with, and co-sponsored by CPPAQ, this FLPA prize is open to family law practitioners and family law undergraduate and post-graduate students.
We’ve already had significant interest from members, so if you’re thinking about it, read below and grab the competition details.
Here’s more details on what’s required to enter:
Write a minimum 5000 word original essay equivalent to standard of a peer-reviewed law journal about a thought-provoking area of family law that will add value to fellow family law practitioners. A few examples of a topic are listed below:
- The trial experience in family law
- Social justice in family law
- Family violence and family law
- The Paramountcy Principle in the Family Law Act 1975
- The intersection of child protection and family law
Entries close at 4pm on 14 May 2016.
The winner will receive:
- $2000 cash and
- a complimentary registration and accommodation to the Family Law Residential 2016.
To obtain the competition details and rules, contact FLPA committee member Dan Bottrell at email@example.com.