Taxation law is complex and dynamic and can be difficult for family lawyers to stay in touch with. They impact on all business and personal financial decisions, but particularly on family law settlements.
In this twilight seminar, tax lawyers Frances Becker and Melinda Peters guides you through the complex web of taxation revenue and commercial law and its relevance to family law matters.
Using practical case studies, Frances and Melinda will show you:
- the impact of division 7A on marriage breakdowns;
- dealing with commercial loan agreements between related parties;
- dealing with trust interests of spouses in discretionary trusts;
- CGT rollovers available upon divorce including trust owned assets; and
- transfer and other duty concessions available for family law settlements.